Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Philosophy of Liberty



I just found an excellent 8 minute video that succinctly and clearly summarizes the rights I've written about so extensively this summer. However, it justifies those rights in a more traditional libertarian way than I did, using the principle of self-ownership. This video does not address any situation in which the ends may justify the means of breaching that principle, and therefore seems to hint at anarchy (which I do not support) as the only way to achieve a "free society". There are also arguments in this video that I have minor qualms with or find to be inadequately well explained, but that's to be expected when you're trying to keep the video concise. Overall I still found it to be a fantastically lucid and easy to understand explanation for the basic libertarian view of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment