Sunday, August 28, 2011

Quotes of the Week, 8/28-9/3: George Patton Edition


“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do, and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.” – General George Patton

“Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.” – General George Patton

“Some goddamn fool once said that flanks have got to be secure. Since then sonofabitches all over the globe have been guarding their flanks. I don't agree with that. My flanks are something for the enemy to worry about, not me. Before he finds out where my flanks are, I'll be cutting the bastard's throat.” – General George Patton

“A good solution applied with vigor now is better than a perfect solution applied ten minutes later.” – General George Patton

“When I want my men to remember something important, to really make it stick, I give it to them double dirty. It may not sound nice to some bunch of little old ladies at an afternoon tea party, but it helps my soldiers to remember. You can't run an army without profanity; and it has to be eloquent profanity…As for the types of comments I make, sometimes I just, By God, get carried away with my own eloquence.” – General George Patton

No comments:

Post a Comment