Wednesday, August 31, 2011

College Freedoms, College Responsibilities

I have confirmed through experience an old adage I once heard about college. When you enter college, you are free to choose what to do with your time. There are three primary types of activities students may do to fill that time: work, fun, and sleep. The problem is, college is rigorous enough and structured in such a way that you can only choose 2 of the 3 to do effectively. The three types of students you meet in college can be identified by which pairing within those three activities they chose. The students who pick work and sleep are depressed, have no life, and are workaholics. The students who pick fun and sleep have a great time, but end up either having to drop out not getting a good job/into grad school. And the ones who pick work and fun are just flat out groggy all the time. Knowing my personality, I think I'm going to institutionally end up picking work and sleep, but hopefully with covered grades in the first semester I'll slice a bit out of work and tack a bit more onto fun as I get my social bearings. We'll see.

Regardless, because of this busy schedule, I am finding it difficult to post with as much regularity as I would like, despite the frequent mind-probing that college classes provide. So please beware that I anticipate a stark decline in post frequency over the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment