Thursday, April 28, 2011

Starting back up again...

I haven't posted in several months, and have completely disregarded my blogging responsibilities. I'd like to change that. A lot has happened since I was last writing: I'll be attending Johns Hopkins University this summer on a full-ride ROTC scholarship! So obviously that's been a big development over the past few months, and will largely shape the next decade or more of my life. I've also signed up to be a Junior Leader on a CISV interchange to Florence this summer, which is really exciting as well and will take up a solid month. Those developments, tennis season, school winding down, reveling in the Packers Super Bowl victory, and cheering on the Lakers and Mets have taken up much of my time.

But nobody comes on this blog to read about my daily activities, they come on to read interesting (I hope), thoughtful (I think), witty (I attempt) or funny (I pretend) commentary. Actually, scratch that: right now, nobody comes on this blog at all. But if I want readers to take time out of their day to read my blog, I'll have to provide the interesting, thoughtful, witty, or funny posts first, not vice-versa.

So I'm gonna go for it. Attracting a substantial amount of hits is probably a fantasy for the short term, but getting in the habit of regular posts could be a good way to keep in touch with my family and friends while I'm in college, as well as a good way to spread my ideas to my peers while on campus. So for as long as I can, I'm going to post at least once a day. Lets hope this is a joining-the-army-type commitment, and not a New Year's Resolution-type commitment!

No comments:

Post a Comment