Saturday, May 15, 2010

Blogging Newbie

Hello everyone! By everyone I mean me, that is, at least until I get some followers :). My name is Andrew Doris and I'm a Junior at Bayard Rustin High School. I love writing, history, politics, sports, eating, board games, card games, music, and spending time with my friends and family.

I've created this blog because I have recently gotten the opportunity to intern at the Daily Local News through their new iJournalist project. This should be a big source of my traffic, but of course anyone is welcome to follow my posts and hopefully even humor me with some comments!

As for my plans for what to blog about, I can't say exactly. The blog's title is a funny pun (especially to a teen), but vague, and that's on purpose: I want free reign to post about whatever I happen to be thinking about at the time. So, then, I'm sure any prospective followers would like to know what I frequently think about! I love politics and sports, and I'm sure there will be a lot of posts on those topics. But I'll also just have some funny, fairly deep observations about some other things in everyday life. I envision the blog being a collection of funny youtube videos, political diatribes, links to good songs stuck in my head at the time, pro-sports commentaries, witty remarks on teen living, and a motley assortment of other amusing odds-n-ends.

So please do check in every once in while, and I promise to keep it updated and entertaining.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah Andrew! Look forward to seeing what you say on here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha glad to here it, follow me and I'll update frequently. blogging is an excuse to write when you have nothing to write about, so I can't promise any of my stuff will be good! but i'll try haha, 4 followers already i'm on a roll lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. does it send me an email when you blog? because that would be a handy feature

    ReplyDelete